Job ID 2097
Job Title: Maintenance Manager (Global 6000 exp. required!)
Employment location: Chicago, IL area
- Perform, or oversee the performance of, and document scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircraft including engines, landing gear, instruments, pressurized sections, accessories (brakes, valves, pumps, air conditioning systems, seats, etc.) and other parts of the owner aircraft as required. Repairs and services hangar, shop and ground support equipment.
- Do necessary inspections using precision instruments to measure parts for wear and use. Comply with tool calibration requirements. Communicate all inspections and calibrations with Maintenance Control. Ensure that all safety regulations including hazardous waste management are complied with in on a federal, state and local level.
- Travel to airport locations to repair owner aircraft in Aircraft on Ground (AOG) situations or arrange repairs through outside vendors. On occasion travel on the owner aircraft for test flights, troubleshooting, or at the owner’s request. Coordinate release of aircraft with Maintenance Control. Estimated travel is 20%
- Performs receiving inspection on all incoming parts and components.
- Responsible for assuring that the company’s goals for safety, security, and quality are met by continual compliance with the company Safety Management System (SMS) program and reporting through the appropriate process any safety, security, or quality recommendations or non-compliance observations
- Valid Passport
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P)
- Global 6000 aircraft maintenance experience required!
- 15 years of relative experience or more
- Core Competencies Knowledge of Specific Job Skills
- Communication & Listening Skills Attitude
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to run and taxi owner aircraft
- Ability to work on a lift platform 3 feet to 40 feet in the air, as required by repair needs
- Ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time while performing repairs
- Ability to lift and move machine parts weighing up to 70 pounds and maneuver any single item weighing up to 125 pounds with appropriate equipment or assistance from another person
- Able to communicate both in writing and orally in clear and understandable manner
- Must be able to effectively and quickly perform repairs in short notice, high-pressure situations
- Must be able to input and retrieve information from computers
- Able to travel to locations including international, in all weather conditions, in order to perform repairs
- Must be able to perform receiving inspection to company standards
- Must possess the ability to operate basic hand tools