Job ID 2093
Job title: FAR 145 Aviation Maintenance Lead Inspector
Employment location: Dallas, TX
Inspector will be responsible for assisting in running day to day flow, troubleshooting, installation, and return to service. Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application. Inspector demonstrate leadership skills necessary to make decisions with sound judgment, train and mentor employees for improved performance, coordinate activities of multiple departments, and guide day-to-day operations successfully.
- Ensures proper working condition of mechanical systems before
- Develops and maintains records of maintenance, repairs, inspections, and any reports related to parts or services.
- Ensures all work is accomplished in accordance with companies RSQCM, manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, and FAA regulations.
- Consults maintenance manuals and specifications to identify correct operations and specifications for replacements or repairs.
- Ensures proper function of aircraft operating systems via a variety of tests and too
- Collaborates, as needed, with airframe and power plant (A&P) mechanics or other appropriate personnel to repair engines and non-instrumental parts.
- Performs other related duties as needed
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Thorough understanding of aircraft parts, systems, and mechanic
- Thorough understanding of tools and testing methods used to ensure proper functioning of an aircraft and its parts, systems, and mechanics.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and adhere to manual instructions to resolve complex mechanical issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software used to complete and maintain records.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical inclination.
- Superior and careful workmanship
- Ability to perform basic inspections and repair
- Sufficient oral and verbal communication skills, as needed, to discuss equipment malfunctions and complete reports.
- Must own basic tools.
Education and Experience:
- A&P Certification Required
- Must have working knowledge of FAA Regulation
- 5-10 Years of aviation experience require
- Preferred 3 years Inspector experience
- Must be able to meet Airport Authority and Transportation Security Agency requirements (no felonies)
- Must be able to stand, lie down, and kneel in awkward positions and
- Must be able to perform work on scaffolding or ladders.
- Must be able to lift and pull objects weighing up to 70 pounds at a time
- Manual dexterity and physical strength necessary to operate tools or make adjustments and repairs.
- Must have visual acuity to inspect equipment and identify defects
- Must be able to hear well enough to test sounds and identify functioning level of aircraft