- To perform functions assigned in the set up and operation of machine tools applying knowledge of machining methods.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs set up and operation of machine tools to machine metallic and nonmetallic work pieces according to specifications, tooling instructions, and standard charts, applying knowledge of machining methods.
- Reads blueprint or job orders for product specifications, such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions, such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut, and determines sequence of operations.
- Performs research in technical library for correct parts.Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers, or fixtures, using clamps and wrenches.
- Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, and to set specified feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.
- Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and turns hand wheel to feed tool to work piece or vice versa and engages feed.
Salary Range: Neg-Neg